Seattle Nut & Bolt: Bellingham’s Premier Source of Non-Ferrous Fasteners
Since 2009, Seattle Nut & Bolt has served the Bellingham area and the Seattle metro-area as a high-quality, reliable source of non-ferrous fasteners. Our customer service and impressive catalog are unparalleled in the area.
Our knowledgeable team has over half a century of combined experience as suppliers in the fastener industry, and we’ve worked with businesses and contractors in a wide range of industries, including the marine industry, power and utility construction, and more!
What Is a Non-Ferrous Fastener?
Non-ferrous fasteners are nuts and bolts, as well as screws and other accessories, that do not contain any iron. There are multiple benefits to non-ferrous fasteners for many different industries, most notably marine construction or any structures exposed to the elements. These benefits include:
- Stain Resistance: Non-ferrous fasteners tend to resist staining much better than ferrous fasteners, which makes them more suitable for cosmetic applications.
- Corrosion and Rust Resistance: Due to the absence of iron in the metal, non-ferrous fasteners are resistant to both corrosion and rust. This resistance improves the durability and reliability of the fasteners.
- Heat Resistance: Non-ferrous fasteners have high heat resistance, which makes them suitable for use in applications exposed to high heat, such as food preparation.
- Aesthetically Appealing: Due to its resistance to stains, corrosion, and rust, non-ferrous fasteners are often used for cosmetic applications due to their sleek look.
Silicon Bronze and Brass Fasteners
Seattle Nut & Bolt carries a variety of silicon bronze and brass fasteners for use in a wide range of industries, most notably power and utilities as well as the marine industry. Additionally, silicon bronze and brass fasteners are useful in marine environments such as brackish water and seawater. In these situations, the brass takes on a green protective coating called patina. Some of the properties of silicon bronze and brass fasteners include:
- High thermal conductivity
- Largely non-magnetic
- Aesthetically pleasing, especially with wood applications
Nylon fasteners are useful in situations where metal fasteners aren’t advisable. For example, nylon fasteners are also valuable for electronics manufacturing. Additionally, nylon fasteners are often used during the production of fire-resistant products because nylon doesn’t burn; it melts. Nylon fasteners aren’t suitable for all industries, however. It absorbs water and lacks UV resistance, and it’s not as durable as other materials.
The knowledgeable team at Seattle Nut & Bolt can go over available nylon fasteners and the pros and cons of each type. There are a variety of threaded nylon fasteners available, which may prove useful when other non-ferrous fasteners are not suitable. We have experience serving a wide variety of industry professionals. Contact us today for a custom quote on your next order of nylon fasteners!
Monel and K-Monel Fasteners
Seattle Nut & Bolt’s inventory of Monel and K-Monel high-nickel alloy fasteners includes standard nuts and bolts, stud bolts, and washers. Other items can be manufactured in a short amount of time to meet any specifications required by your project. High-nickel alloy fasteners such as Monel and K-Monel fasteners, which include up to 63% nickel content, are known for their extreme corrosion resistance, strength, and ductility, as well as their high-temperature resistance. Monel and K-Monel fasteners are useful for many industries, including:
- Marine and saltwater equipment
- Pump and valve manufacturing
- Any equipment or components exposed to corrosive materials such as acids and other chemicals
- Pulp and paper manufacturing
Stainless Steel Fasteners
Stainless steel fasteners are among the most commonly-used fasteners across diverse industries. Stainless steel is stable, reliable, and anti-corrosive. Additionally, its heat resistance properties make stainless steel bolts and screws suitable for a wide range of applications, including:
- Equipment and components exposed to saltwater or chemicals
- Food manufacturing components and equipment
- Sanitary equipment
- Gray water and sewage treatment plants
- High-heat and high-stress parts that require strength and stability
Why Seattle Nut & Bolt?
In addition to our extensive catalog of available non-ferrous fasteners, we dedicate ourselves to providing reliable, consistent customer service to all of our customers. Some of the benefits of choosing Seattle Nut & Bolt as your fastener supplier include:
- Same-day shipping on in-stock inventory
- Knowledgeable team with over fifty years of experience
- VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory) Programs
- Custom and non-standard piece orders
- High-quality fasteners and accessories from world-leading manufacturers
Contact Seattle Nut & Bolt for a Custom Fastener Quote
No matter your industry or project, Seattle Nut & Bolt can help save you time, money, and energy. Contact us today to explore our products and for a custom quote that fits both you and your business’s needs!
About Bellingham, Washington
Seattle Nut & Bolt supplies the city of Bellingham with fasteners for marine craft, construction jobs, and more. Bellingham is near the Canadian border and serves as a port for ferries to Alaska. The beautiful Mount Baker serves as a backdrop to this fabulous community filled with numerous opportunities for recreation, good food, and fun things to do. Visit one of the many museums in Bellingham such as the SPARK Museum of Electrical Invention or The Whatcom Museum. Seattle Nut & Bolt is proud to serve such a vibrant Pacific Northwest community. For all of your fastener needs in Bellingham, Washington, call Seattle Nut & Bolt today!
We Also Supply Fasteners for Our Customers in